Boys and girls basketball highlights

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boys and girls basketball highlights

Joe Stout, Staff Writer

On Monday February 6th, the Brodhead boys’ basketball team played at home against Platteville High School.

Going into the game, our boys, knowing that Platteville was one of the best teams in the area, were just going to give what they had, but were certain of a defeat.

Starting out, it looked like that was going to be exactly what happened, but when they started making more and more points and playing lockdown defense, the Cards got a spark.

They went into a the locker room at halftime winning by double digits and came out just as strong as they went in. But late in the second half, Platteville knocked down some crucial threes as well as their lead scorer going to work in the paint.

The boys ended up losing by 7 but fought hard until the end, with junior Parker Johnson making a three with 1.3 seconds left to go.

On Wednesday, February 8th, the Brodhead girls’ basketball team traveled to Beloit Turner to take on the Lady Trojans.

Due to the Cardinals’ recent 48 to 45 victory over the Trojans, they were confident going in to the game that they could not only win, but also increase that 3 point win into double digits.

Coming out strong, they intended on putting the second stringers in by the half. However, they didn’t have quite a large enough lead at half to put the secondary in, but they were winning.

The Lady Cards soared to a 70 to 56 win over the Trojans and increased their 7 and 12 record to 8 and 12.