Brodhead Media

Life After High School

Back to Article
Back to Article

Life After High School

Scottee Hoff, Staff Writer

As another year comes to a close at Brodhead High, the graduating class is becoming more and more excited for their next chapter in life. Every students has a different path in front of them and all sixty nine seniors are ready to move on to accomplish bigger and better things.

I spoke with Brodhead Valedictorian, Morgan Tresemer, and she shared feelings with me. “I loved going to school at Brodhead. I was able to spend almost all of high school with my sister and it my favorite part of my high school career. However, I’m very excited to attend UW La Crosse next year. I’m a little nervous, of course, but overall I can’t wait.” Morgan doesn’t know exactly what she wants to major in but she knows that it is going to be in the science field. And as a school, we know she will do amazing in whatever she chooses to pursue as she is not only an amazing student, but an even better person.

I also caught up with senior, Caitlin Novy and she talked to me on the topic. “I’m very excited to graduate. I love Brodhead and I loved going to school here but I’m very ready to start college and see what is outside our small town.” Caitlin expressed her love and gratitude for Brodhead many times but she is beyond excited to attend Carroll University to study Nursing this fall.

“Carroll has an amazing nursing program with a new building with high tech equipment for Nursing Majors. I honestly can’t wait to learn and become a nurse. Hopefully I’ll be able to specialize in pediatrics. It’s what I would love to do.” Brodhead knows that Caitlin Novy is going to make a difference in the world some day as she takes on the challenge of the medical field.

Sage Harper, on the other hand, will be taking a year off from schooling to serve for our country. “I am entering the Air National Guard which I am very excited about. I am hoping to specialize in nursing because I will be attending UW Milwaukee after I have completed my school in the military. I have worked very hard to get here and I am really proud of myself.”

When her fellow classmates, and the school as a whole, look at Sage and everything she has accomplished they couldn’t agree more when she says how proud she is. Sage is going to flourish in the military and her endeavors afterwards. We are certain of that.

While some students are attending college, serving our country, or even going to study pre-law, each student is about to excel and show greatness in whichever path they may take. It is safe to say, Brodhead is going to be proud of each and every soon to be Brodhead Alumni.

Scottee Hoff, Staff Writer

I am currently a senior at Brodhead High School and I chose to take our media class so I could learn something new and have a lot of fun while doing it....